Tuesday, September 08, 2009



















Here are a couple of photos of my "organic" looking form that I made in Sherri W. Hunter's workshop a few months ago.
Sherri is a wonderful teacher- and a great problem solver! Last year she won first place in the Best Architectural category at the Mosaic Arts International (MAI) Juried exhibit for her wonderful "Swimming Tiger" benches (we'll forgive her that they are Auburn tigers rather than LSU Tigers!). Check them out at:
http://www.sherriwarnerhunter.com/Tiger%20Benches.htm

Next month I am scheduled to take a 5 day Abstract Mosaic workshop with my friend, Lynne Chinn in Dallas at the Creative Arts Center.

Lynne was generous enough to ask if I would bring my form over so that we can "sit and ponder" my next step with the form-which will be to make it into an abstract mosaic. (Although I will say I 'm kind of getting to like it just as it is). Lynne won Best in Show last year at the MAI Juried exhibit with her incredible "Undulate"--check it out at: http://www.lcmosaics.com/portfolio/index.html


So I'm hoping that maybe--just maybe, with recent training by two of the best modern day mosaic artist, I might be able to make a piece that I feel will be good enough to enter into juried exhibits. Of course, it will probably take me a year or more to finish it! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: