Monday, August 31, 2009

Here is the second in a series of 3 mosaics --the first one was Anthology I (see below). This one is (obviously) Anthology II. I think I am more pleased with the way II turned out than I. Even though this one is smaller and does not have as many elements. The material is just so rich, for me, that makes the piece. I love the iron (or maybe it's copper or a combo of both) ore that has the patina. Now on to the 3rd one-which I have started--it will be the same size and shape as this on. I hesitate to call it a Triptych--even though that was what it was meant to be, because I did not have the first piece when I started this one so it does not "exactly" match up--but they were made to be placed next to each other with a continuing flow and line.
I also have a video of Mr. Barr, who received the first Anthology (the next 2 are for his sons), explaining the material in the piece and where the material came from. He was very pleased with the mosaic. I'm hoping I can figure out how to post part of the video.

1 comment:

Lisa Buchanan said...

Love your work! Gorgeous!