Sunday, April 19, 2009






Here is my latest -- all I have left to complete is the upper left background. This is going to be a triptych - it is a commission made for a friend-- the same one I made the table for- this will be for her father and brothers. I have great material to work with! I'm still trying to identify all of the rock samples she gave me. I do know that all came from a copper mine. I'm using marble in the background and the dark blue is smalti she brought to me from Murano. I also still need to think of a name.


Here area a couple of "side views" to show you the depth. The thing I love (and hate) about photographing my work is that when I look at the photo all of the flaws jump out at me! I'm also trying a new technique in this piece. I've been reading a book about Jeanne Reynal's work. She used the left over dust from cutting stone and glass in her mosaics. What I had left over was quite beautiful- so I incorporated areas in the mosaic where I tapped it into the thinset base.

No comments: